Måns Zelmerlöw from Sweden – Winner of the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest
Credit: Elena Volotova (EBU)
Swedish singer Mans Zelmerlow has won the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest in Vienna, beating Russia’s Polina Gagarina.
Zelmerlow won with his upbeat pop track Heroes, which was accompanied by innovative animated visuals.
Italy were third, followed by Belgium. Australia finished fifth in the country’s first Eurovision appearance.
A record number of countries took part, including Australia – which was invited to compete for the first time to mark the event’s 60th anniversary.
The top 5 vote results:
- 1. Sweden. Mans Zelmerlow – Heroes. 365 points
- 2. Russia. Polina Gagarina – A Million Voices. 303
- 3. Italy. Il Volo – Grande Amore. 292
- 4. Belgium. Loic Nottet – Rhythm Inside. 217
- 5. Australia. Guy Sebastian – Tonight Again. 196
Here is the winning perfomance from Sweden.