It is hot and you need a special summer beverage while your lounging by the pool, reading under the gazebo or hosting a special group of friends, having a cool, refreshing beverage during the summer tastes oh-so-good.
Here are a few of our favorites to tickle the senses and put a smile on your face.
Cucumber Lemonade Mocktail. (Drink Of The Month)
- 1 paper-thin, lengthwise slice of European cucumber, for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon finely chopped dill, plus 1 dill sprig, for garnish
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh cucumber juice (see Note)
- 1/4 cup chilled club soda
How to make this recipe
- Press the cucumber slice against the inside of a chilled highball glass and add ice. In a cocktail shaker, muddle the chopped dill, agave syrup, lemon and lime juices and 1 tablespoon of water until the syrup is dissolved. Add ice, then add the cucumber juice and shake well. Strain into the prepared glass and stir in the club soda. Garnish with the dill sprig.
Cucumber juice is available at juice counters. You can also make it by pureeing peeled cucumber chunks in a blender and then straining the puree through a fine sieve. One large cucumber yields about 3/4 cup of strained juice.
Tequila Sunrise Margarita
All you need to make this gorgeous summer cocktail is some Triple Sec, lime juice, and of course, tequila. Red-sugared rims give it a fiery look.
Minted Iced Tea
Liven up your outdoor entertaining — or just refresh your thirsty family — with this simple nonalcoholic drink recipe. Orange and lemon accompany the mint that flavors this fruit-infused iced tea.
A refreshing glass of this ice-cold lemonade will keep you cool on a hot summer’s day. Our classic drink recipe features a cup of natural lemon juice, so you know you’re getting the good stuff.
Fresh Melon Quenchers
Pureed fruit blended with ice and sparkling water makes a refreshing summer drink. A spoonful of yogurt adds creaminess, while a skewer of fresh fruit makes a pretty garnish.