SPY reported Celebrity Chef Nigella Lawson was refused access to the US. Here is an update:
The US Embassy in the UK has told the media it is inviting celebrity chef Nigella Lawson to apply for a working visa.
It comes after Nigella was refused permission to board a flight to America last weekend.
A spokesperson said they believe there had been what they described as “a turnaround” when Nigella attempted to fly to the States.
They added: “There are several ways of legally traveling into the US.”
The 54-year-old’s management refused to comment on what had happened.
Newspapers reported an eye witness account that the star had been turned away from a flight at London’s Heathrow to Los Angeles.
The presenter of Channel 4’s The Taste, has been to the US since the court appearance to promote the US version of the program.
The US embassy statement read: “There are several ways of legally traveling into the United States. Ms. Lawson has been invited to come to the Embassy and apply for a visa for travel to the U.S.
“We understand she has professional requirements for U.S. travel. These matters are generally handled routinely and expeditiously, so stand by.”
THE ORIGINAL STORY
Celebrity chef Nigella Lawson is not leaving on a jet plane and she doesn’t know when she will be back again. The UK author, mother, and TV cook was banned from a weekend flight from London to Los Angeles because of her past cocaine use.
I know this sounds absolutely absurd. If cocaine abuse is now a benchmark for travel visa’s, half of Hollywood is going to have a rude awakening.
The beloved “How To Be A Domestic Goddess” and one of my favorite kitchen personalities was alone at Heathrow Airport Sunday morning when she was barred from boarding a British Airways flight bound for Tinseltown, according to a Wednesday report.
“She didn’t seem to say much, but she did not look happy,” an unidentified onlooker reportedly said.
“She could not get on the flight so she had to turn around and leave.”
Lawson reportedly passed security when she was told the embarrassing news and had to return to the first-class check-in area to get her baggage back.
The exact reasons why she was barred were not revealed but connected the incident to her highly publicized court confession last year that she snorted cocaine seven times and smoked pot in front of her kids.
Like I said, “whose business is it to make moral judgements”?
Lawson’s publicist, lawyer and various agents did not immediately respond to requests for comment late Wednesday.
A spokeswoman for Lawson’s Los Angeles-based cooking show “The Taste,” which airs on ABC, also did not respond.
Reached Wednesday afternoon in Los Angeles, a producer of “The Taste” said she knew “nothing” about the alleged incident and couldn’t comment.
Lawson, 54, posted a Twitter message Monday saying she would be “off line for a while enjoying the ultimate; a holiday break with no signal.”
The brunette beauty has endured a tough year since her private life was thrust into the spotlight thanks primary to the British gossip rag merchants.
Her marriage to Charles Saatchi, 70, imploded last June when disturbing photos surfaced of the multi-millionaire mogul with his hand around her neck at a London restaurant.
The couple split up, and Lawson was later forced to testify at the fraud trial of former assistants
Francesca and Elisabetta Grillo, where she was grilled over accusations of drug abuse.
Lawson confirmed she had tried cocaine and “smoked the odd joint” in the past to cope with the death of her first husband, John Diamond, and the “intimate terrorism” of Saatchi.
The Grillo sisters were ultimately cleared by a London jury and Lawson later described the trial as “mortifying” during an appearance on ABC’s “Good Morning America.”
And now the gutter press will grill her and serve her up to a hungry unforgiving public.
Nigella now has the role of a stay home mom, we send Nigella love.